Sunday, 19 June 2016

Fragrance: Vera Wang Lovestruck Floral Rush

vera wang perfume image
Lovestruck Floral Rush Eau de Parfum 30ml
Finding your favourite perfume can be a bit of a task. Most of us buy perfumes and associate them with different times in our lives, and we rarely stick to one scent. Perfume is a luxury, and plenty of us wait for birthdays and Christmases to replenish our stock. 

Back in 2011, I discovered my signature scent. The original Vera Wang Lovestruck EDP is my longtime love, and I've gone through so much of it that my old bedroom quickly became a graveyard of glass bottles. 

At the moment, I have a couple of spritz's left in my old bottle, and I'm hanging on to them in case of an emergency. You know, like in case I meet Obama or the Queen.

I was rummaging through TK Maxx a few weeks ago, and came across this version of my old favourite. It was hidden on the bottom shelf behind some make up brushes and a broken eyeshadow, but patience is the key to finding anything in TK Maxx. I have no patience at all, because I like to see everything in front of me - but Rhys is great at rummaging, and usually finds things while I'm busy sulking at the mess.

In TK Maxx, you usually find that perfumes are incredibly cheap, generally because something is off with the packaging. With this, it was boxed but not wrapped, hence the price tag. I paid a grand total of £9.00 for this, and this size (30ml) tends to retail at around £40.00, although you can find it cheaper online. 

vera wang lovestruckAs you can see, the bottle isn't ideal for travelling. It's pretty bulky, and I would avoid using at as a "handbag perfume". Prettiness aside, this is a lot lighter than its predecessor. I like people to smell me before I even arrive (I have a preference for a strong entrance), but this is a lovely, light fragrance that settles nicely on the skin. As with most perfumes, I get about 5 hours wear out of this before I need a quick respray. I could probably get away with it for longer, but for me, more is more.

I usually avoid floral scents, and stick to fruity, sweeter scents. Personally, something about florals sticks to me the wrong way. Still, I really love this perfume. It's subtle with the right amount of sweetness, and is perfectly balanced with its base notes of musk and ambergris. 

vera wang lovestruck image






















Details

Top notes
Champagne
Pink pepper
Apricot blossom

Middle notes
Freesia
Passion flower
Marigold

Base notes
Ambergris
Musk
Cashmere wood