Sunday, 19 October 2014

L'Oreal Color Riche Exclusive Reds - Blake's Pure Red

loreal color riche blake lively pure red image

Admittedly, I bought the new L'Oreal Color Riche Exclusive Red lipstick because this one had Blake Lively's name on it. Let's be honest here, I would probably buy a year's supply of dog biscuits if Blake's face was on the packet. But generally speaking, I wasn't expecting much of it. 

Generally, I am not an advocate of L'Oreal lipsticks, mainly due to the scent. Their exclusive nudes collection smells like a combination of old lady and an old lettuce. Basically, it's perfumey. This lipstick is scented, but it's more like a packet of Parma Violets, and it's nothing that bothers me once it's applied. Yes, I did want to like it but if it was as bad as I anticipated it wouldn't have come home in my handbag- no matter who's name was on it. Am I convincing anyone? Seriously though, Parma Violets- but it's manageable. 

This lipstick has such a buttery formula, and it's staying power was better than I expected it to be. I put it on, blotted it and played around with it to test it's longevity. I then spent over an hour sipping a vanilla bean latte and smearing it all over the cup, yet you couldn't really tell that it had budged by looking at my face. 
loreal color riche blake lively pure red image

loreal color riche blake lively pure red image

I cannot stress enough how easily this lipstick glides on, there's none of that dreadful dragging across the lips to achieve an even application. The colour itself packs a intense punch of raspberry red, and it's so lovely I just want to stare at myself in the mirror and pray that I morph into Serena Van Der Woodsen. 
loreal color riche blake lively pure red image


It reminds me of MAC's Perpetual Flame except it is much more moisturising as the formula boasts an injection boost of jojoba. If you're looking to update your matte red lipsticks for the winter then I would definitely suggest bypassing the luxury brands all together and picking up this pretty little thing (especially if you're poor, let's be friends and play with lipsticks together.)

You can currently find the Exclusive Reds on offer at Boots for £6.99, although I noticed that it is sold out online but I was able to track it down quite easily. My advice is to go to a quieter Boots store, I found it in a tiny one  in the middle of Cardiff while collecting my prescription.
Image: L'Oreal Paris
Blake's Pure Red is a soft swipe of easy glamour that we're so used to seeing on it's namesake. It's romantic, dreamy and just a little bit dramatic. Perfect for a drama queen like myself, or a starlet like Blake. More Blake please, L'Oreal and you might win me over.