Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Pieboy Clothing: Urban Grey Bobble Hat

pieboy clothing, fashion image, accessories, hipster, style
Born in 2011, Pieboy are an urban hat brand that love "everything street". They created a range of bobble hats that have created a buzz by fast becoming a staple among university students. Pieboy also have their very own range of Varsity hats, where you can purchase one that declares your university solidarity. They also developed a hashtag on Twitter, and if you tweet #MyPieBoyHat you are in with the chance to win merchandise every Friday. A very clever move by this upcoming brand, as we see more and more companies offering a personal incentive to get involved on social media.
When Charly from Pieboy contacted me I instantly accepted an offer to get involved with this company. Charly had taken the time to read my blog, and had even quoted one of my posts me. I see what you did there, and I love it. She also wrote to me as if I was an actual person, and not as if I were some stiff, robotic blogger and repetitive promotional tool. We also share the last name, so holla! During our little email session, I chose the Pieboy Urban Grey bobble beanie hat*, knowing that it would suit both my own hair and my sister's auburn tinged tresses. She steals all of my things anyway, so I might as well prepare for the inevitable consequences of taking my possessions home with me.

The hat itself is a fantastic quality product. The quality is thick, soft and provides a snug fit, which is often ideal for our brisk and bitingly icy days in Wales. You definitely feel like you are getting both a statement product and a quality one. Not like when your mum made you buy Clarks shoes for school because they were "sensible" and you longed for a more fashionable item- with Pieboy you get both quality and wearability. I decided the best way to showcase this product was to stage a mini photoshoot with my sister. 

pieboy clothing, fashion image, accessories, hipster, style

pieboy clothing, fashion image, accessories, hipster, style


pieboy clothing, fashion image, accessories, hipster, style

pieboy clothing, fashion image, accessories, hipster, style

pieboy clothing, fashion image, accessories, hipster, style

pieboy clothing, fashion image, accessories, hipster, style

pieboy clothing, fashion image, accessories, hipster, style

pieboy clothing, fashion image, accessories, hipster, style

pieboy clothing, fashion image, accessories, hipster, style

You see, Molly has a hat head. Hat, not fat. Just in case you misread. Molly boasts this throwback hipster/Kylie Jenner vibe most of the time, and I knew the Pieboy hat would suit both her style and her face. You would expect to see this hat being worn by buoyant street dancers in graying subway stations and around the bohemian streets of Brooklyn by those infamous Williamsburg hipsters. You would definitely expect to see a few of them pop up on Instagram. This is the sort of hat you would see stacked in Urban Outfitters, and I'm telling you to expect them to be featured by the retailer soon. It's going to happen, you guys- wait and see.

*This post contains gifted items