Tuesday, 29 April 2014

How to: Summer Nails with Urban Decay Electric


urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails
I have a not so mind blowing confession. I am an helpless addict to Urban Decay, and by the amount of products that have popped up on this blog you have probably noticed. It's official, I can no longer walk past a counter without dabbling with a little something something. The beautiful girls at the Cardiff counter are also my shameless enablers, and there is not one person who can tell me to stop. I need to stop going to the UD counter, or I'll be broke and depressed. But at least I'll have nice things, right?


Like a chivalrous gentleman, Rhys promised me a present. So I went on a mini haul a couple of weeks ago and I picked up the Electric nail trio. The set costs £10, and for 3 miniatures I think it's a sweet deal. As we finally transition into warmer months I wanted a little colour injection for my make up collection, and this is obviously a simple and cost effective way to update your look.

Also, if you're a little bit too terrified to experiment with the Electric palette, this is a great way to sample the collection without getting anywhere near your face. These colours are ideal for festival season, and they are loud, bold and bright. If you stick to timeless nudes and neutrals, these won't fit your fancy. Who wants to be beige, anyway?

So, we have the trio. 
urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails

There is Woodstock, a Barbie matte fuchsia. This one is probably my favourite, because I always struggle to find any sort of perfect pink. This polish dries really quickly and you'll need the standard 2 coats to really get the colour pay off.
urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails

urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails

urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails

Next is Deep End, which is described as a peacock blue. I just love this description, but to me it's more of a beautiful metallic unification of a peacock and a mermaid. I love it, it does leave a little staining on the nails so make sure to apply a base. For me it is probably more of a toe colour, and will look especially tropical when combined with bronzed skin.
urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails

urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails

urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails

Finally, we have a little pirate treasure. This is Goldmine, and it is one of my favourite glitters ever- which means it sits right next to Katy Perry's Teenage Dream OPI glitter in my list of favourites. This is chock full of glitter, and you'll only need one coat of it over any of the others. It avoids any garishness due to the fact it's not particularly yellow, it's a calmer and toned down shade of gold. I just wish there was a full size of this, because I can't get enough of it.
urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails

urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails

So how do you wear these colours? I've put together a sample of some combinations that I loved seeing- there's no faffing about with nail pens and there's no artistry required. Simple, quick and statement.

urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails

urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails

urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails

urban decay, nail image, photography image, pink nails image, summer nails, glitter nails