Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Accessories Edit: feat. NowSeen.com


More than anything else in my wardrobe, I am a full on lover of accessories and magpie attracting jewellery. For as long my aging brain can remember, I have lived on a budget- and I firmly believe you can recreate and accentuate an outfit by some tactical and well placed accessorising. The only thing I value more than a diverse collection of jewellery, scarves and bags is a well made navy blazer and the perfect pink lipstick.

The problem I generally have is finding somewhere that feeds my insatiable need for all things pretty, while being affordable and quality driven. At some point while scrolling through Twitter, I came across NOWSEEN.com and found myself lusting over their products featured on their feed.
NowSeen use genuine gemstones and precious metals, with gem treatment being kept to bare minimum. Prices range from affordable to splurge worthy, and the positive reviews are piling up.

When I went to their website to pick out a few favourites to share, it was a monumental task. I was faced with dainty and stackable pieces, subtly juxtaposed with bold and daring statement jewellery. Whether you embrace a Serena Van Der Woodsen easy glamour,  prefer a style more classic, or enjoy enabling the alternative side of your personality there is a piece for everyone. Literally everyone. I don't joke, because I'm not all that funny so you know I'm not messing you around here.

jewellery trends summer 2014, gemstones, pretty rings, statement necklaces, celebrities fashion image
Lunar Necklace, £19
jewellery trends summer 2014, gemstones, pretty rings, statement necklaces, celebrities fashion image
Garnet Solo Ring, £12
jewellery trends summer 2014, gemstones, pretty rings, statement necklaces, celebrities fashion image
Wonderland Earrings, £32 (as seen on Millie Mackintosh)
jewellery trends summer 2014, gemstones, pretty rings, statement necklaces, celebrities fashion image
Lace Moonstone Ring, £19
jewellery trends summer 2014, gemstones, pretty rings, statement necklaces, celebrities fashion image
White Quartz Nugget ring, £37
Several of their pieces have been featured in magazine giants such as Elle and Grazia. Products have been spotted on Mollie King from The Saturdays, and worn by Fran Newman-Young in an episode of Made in Chelsea.

We're not all celebrities with unlimited loose change scattered carelessly in a black quilted Chanel handbag. But we can fake it until we make it and embrace a contagious fashionista personality with a considerate and creative brand. All that glitters is not gold, but it's easy to sparkle with a little flair.