Saturday, 8 March 2014

Review: Urban Decay Naked Ultra Lipgloss in Liar

urban decay pink lipgloss swatch image

In my last review I discussed Native, a pretty and enticing pink shade included in Urban Decay's Revolution lipstick collection. When I wore it on a night out, this was the gloss that I slicked over the top just to give it a little sparkle. I was lucky enough to receive two of the brand new Naked Ultra lip glosses from Urban Decay in Cardiff after the February beauty blogger event, and one of the shades was Liar.

The first thing I would say, is that for the price I would have hoped for them to be slightly more pigmented. I tested this both with and without the base of a lipstick. In all fairness, this shade has a pretty impressive colour pay off and for daytime wear you can just slick it on for a lovely shimmer of pink. The pink itself is a light rosy pink, and isn't too bright or too dusky. This is always a good thing if you like your pink shades to be a balance between pretty and statement.

As with the Revolution lipsticks, the formula in the Naked Ultra lip glosses contains both shea butter and avocado oil. This means that it's so good for your lips, and provides complete nourishment. It's also packed full of vitamins, so even if like me you lack a healthy supplement of vitamins at least your lips will be taken care of with no extra hassle.

Upon application the gloss itself feels like a luxe lip balm, and instead of feeling sticky it just feels like it's working some soothing treatment on your lips. Like the Lip Junkie glosses, this has a minty scent although it is slightly less strong and far less tingly. 
urban decay pink liar lipgloss swatch image

urban decay pink liar lipgloss swatch image

urban decay pink liar lipgloss swatch image

urban decay pink liar lipgloss swatch image

urban decay pink liar lipgloss swatch image

The packaging for this product is just the most exquisite colour and really adds a luxurious touch to the mix. Urban Decay have really invested in the Naked collection as a brand of its own, and it's rose gold packaging really earns it the elite and prestigious place in the high end lip product category.

I did ultimately judge this by it's packaging in my unashamed appreciation for elegant (and shiny) products. Although I like my beauty products to be beautifully designed, I also like them to keep their price led promises. I've said this before, but Urban Decay is a brand that delivers time and time again. I sound like I could be a UD rep but it just turns out that almost everything I use on a daily basis is from them. But really, Urban if you want to give me a job I could think of nothing better than playing with make up all day. Think about it? 


Before I got my hands on the blogger goody bag, I was very tempted to buy one of these glosses but as I've become more of a lipstick lady in my early twenties I wasn't too sure about making the investment. However, it has lived in my bag since I opened it and it's definitely being added to my very exclusive list of perfect pinks.

The product itself is sold at £14, and you can buy it here.