Thursday, 27 February 2014

Review: Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Native


I have a confession, I am a lipstick hoarder. I'm not ashamed and if you think I have a problem then I'm disgusted. If you are like me and love changing your lipstick several times a day, then we can be best friends- as long as I can swatch your collection.

The latest addition to my expanding collection is the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick. Let's start off with the packaging. Urban Decay have really upped their game in the past 12 months, and although they're more well known for their coveted eyeshadow palettes we often forget they have a full range of products. On first impressions, the packaging of the Revolution lipsticks are trademark Urban with a sleek gunmental design of silver and violet. 

The shade I own, Native, is a pale pink and perfect for both everyday use and evening wear due to the impressive pigment. I was thrilled with receiving this colour as it reminds me of MAC's Chatterbox, which has been my favourite pink lipstick for a few years now. Despite my vast collection of screen siren reds and wholesome corals, I favour a light pink hue. I honestly believe a good pink is the loveliest of colours- it's youthful and glamourous as long as you don't wander into Nicki Minaj territory. 
lipstick swatch, lipstick review, pink lipstick, urban decay
pink lipstick, lipstick review, lipstick swatch, urban decay, native, revolution lipstick image
pink lipstick, lipstick review, lipstick swatch, urban decay, native, revolution lipstick image
pink lipstick, lipstick review, lipstick swatch, urban decay, native, revolution lipstick image
pink lipstick, lipstick review, lipstick swatch, urban decay, native, revolution lipstick image
How Native looks as an evening colour
The lipstick itself is easy to apply, and it's simple to manipulate into a nighttime shade with a dab of gloss. There's no need to build up the colour with this lipstick, even though it has a definitive sheen and lightweight texture. The formula itself includes must have nourishing ingredients such as jojoba and avocado oils, along with a healthy dose of shea butter. With it's silky quality it definitely feels like a luxe product, and has an incredible colour pay off. The first time I wore this was to go out for a few cocktails, and the staying power was pretty impressive. As someone who is used to having to pretty up my lipstick after a few drinks, I was surprised that I rarely had to do so and that it stayed in a polished condition. 

I always buy MAC lipsticks because of the colour pay off, but for the barely noticeable price difference I am definitely tempted to leave my cosy lipstick safety net for a while. Even though this was gifted to me that the Urban Decay Spring Blogger Event, I wouldn't hesitate to pay £15 for this. And no, you can't borrow it from me.