Saturday, 23 November 2013

Christmas Choices: Urban Decay Eye Arsenal

Well, gentle readers, it is almost that most wonderful time of the year. If you're looking for something to add to your letter to Santa, or if you're in the mood for treating someone who loves their cosmetics, then this is something worth considering. I took a little trip into the Debenhams in Cardiff (or Mecca, as I am inclined to call it) after reading about a new Urban Decay gift set on Twitter. As a fan of anything Urban, I thought it would be rude not to invest in this little box of goodies. UD gift sets are always worth the money - I had one a few years ago that is probably still one of my favourite ever purchases because it included the Marshmallow Powder. I love to smell like a marshmallow, in case you didn't know.


The Eye Arsenal gift set is only £23, which is pennies if you think about how much you probably spend on makeup in the long run. In the box you're given two limited edition eyeshadows, Eyeshadow Primer Potion, and a 24/7 Glide On Pencil. In my last UD review, I noted how I had originally wanted to buy the 24/7 pencil in Zero - this is the pencil you get in the box so if you stick to classic black and smokey eye looks then this is perfect. On first glance, the colours aren't necessarily something I would have bought on their own, but the lilac Guilt is a great alternative to the dark winter eyes we're seeing at the moment - it's also perfect for keeping until the summer months when you might want to add a splash of colour to your makeup.The other colour, Minor Sin is a toned down version of the Sin we've seen in the Ammo Palette (which I wear pretty much on a daily basis).


Guilt

Minor Sin


Goldilocks Tip: Buy it in Debenhams, because you'll earn 69 points if you're a Beauty Club member. I never notice my points adding up, and it helps to have a £5 discount when you realise you have no money. I'm all for saving a little dollar.

Price rating: 5/5 - Get me more of these, minions!
Product selection: 4/5 (I would have preferred a darker alternative to Minor Sin)
Brand rating: Always a favourite - they don't use animal testing so kudos. Happy little floppy bunnies for everyone!

Note: I do not brand myself as a beauty blogger. But I will share products that I believe are worth the money. All opinions are my own and I am in no way compensated for these posts.